United Methodist Women’s fall luncheon
UMCOR is the United Methodist Committee on Relief. We have been supporting it for years. Do you wonder what they do? Just what is our money used for? Did you know that in the event of a natural disaster UMCOR is the first to arrive and the last to leave? Please join the United Methodist Women on Tuesday, September 4th at noon to find out how this incredible organization works. This is such an interesting, important topic that we are inviting the entire congregation to join us. It will be an afternoon you won’t want to miss!
Thursday, Sept. 4th – – Salad Bowl Luncheon – – noon in Parlor (PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN DATE)
- We will meet at my house (2260 S Grace, #203) to make small pincushions to sell at the Christmas Mart on November 3rd.
- If you have extra pins, bring them along to put into the jars.
- Terry will be the hostess.
- Be there at 6:30 pm.
SEPTEMBER 11th – Naomi Circle – 9:30 Parlor – Marge Johnson hostess
SEPTEMBER 24th – set up for rummage sale 6:30pm – Fellowship Hall
SEPTEMBER 25th & 27th – set up for rummage sale 9:30am – Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH, 9 AM. – 7 PM.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH, 9 AM. – NOON
- Carol Reiman will present the program.
- We need someone to act as hostess (i.e. bring dessert). If you are willing to take this on, please let me know.
- Meet in the church parlor at 6:30 pm.
- We have NO hostess or program for our November 12 Rachel Circle meeting. If no one signs up (calls me or emails me), we will just chat and do our dieting thing.
- On Friday, November 2, we will be setting up for the Christmas Mart. Be there by 9:00 am. We usually finish by noon.
- Saturday, November 3rd is our annual Christmas Mart. Sign up sheets will be available in October (so I expect).
- Sunday, December 2 is our annual Advent pot luck. Details later.
- Monday, December 10th is our own, private, intimate pot luck. Carol Reiman will serve as hostess AND provide our program.
- We don’t have a location yet, so if no one else cares to open their home, I’ll be glad to have all of you here.
United Methodist Women September 2018
They tell me that it is the end of summer. Not so sure; it is a cool 90 degrees and about 100% humidity. That will not stop the United Methodist Women, though. We are off and running, this fall totally filled with many exciting events. I am sure that you are all rested after our hot summer and ready to join the fray!
You probably heard about the Lombard students burned in a fire. Our unit donated $200 to their fund. They are healing, with Autumn still in the hospital in Houston. It is the extra costs that mount up, not covered by insurance.
When you read this we have already had our salad luncheon. Rev. Christina Vosteen was extremely informative. UMCOR is one of my very favorite organizations to receive our donations. It is wonderful to know that every penny we donate goes directly to the disaster help. Thank you Naomi Circle for being our hostesses.
Did I mention that we are starting off at a run? Our Rummage Sale is coming up very quickly. Set up is Monday, Sept. 24th at 6:3-pm, Tuesday, Sept. 25th at 9:30am, and Thurs. Sept. 27th:30am. The Sale is Friday, Sept. 28th from 9:00am to 7:00p, and Sat. Sept. 29th from 9:00am to noon. Please remember, the more people helping the easier the work. We donate a great deal of money each year, and this is one of our biggest money makers.
Due to very busy schedules, we have had to make a few changes in our calendar. Our apple / cherry slice day is now on Tuesday, October 2nd. We will meet at 9:00am ready to roll dough and make our awesome pastries. We need seven cups of sliced apples from each circle for filling.
Please keep Kayson Schumacher and family, Linda Gleason and family, and my sister and family in your prayers.
Peace and Love,
Methodist Women Pillow Ministry
Last month is amazing group of folks made 200 pillows!
Plan to join us for our next Pillow Day – TBA!
Our care pillows are available for folks who have had surgery and would like some extra “love” to get them through their recuperation. Pillows are available at the back of the Sanctuary, or ask an Usher to point out the ladies that can get you more pillows.
If you are a hospital, recovery center, etc. please call the church office and leave a message for Carol Wixson, or contact Carol at UMW@FirstUMCLombard.org.
She will get back to you and supply you with additional pillows.
Please consider donating to the UMW so we can purchase stuffing and fleece. Thank you for your help and support!